How To Clean Cloth Car Seats With Household Products
Washing the car seats is always important so that you end up with clean seats all the time. No one wishes to sit in a car with dirty seats. Most people would think that it is hard when it comes to how to wash car seats. You would be relieved to know that you do not have to spend a lot of money on the seats when they can be washed using household products. We get to look at some top methods on how to clean cloth car seats with household products common in our homes.
Read also: steam cleaning machine
How to wash car seats
Washing the car seats is easy and you should be done in no time. The important thing to do is make sure that you have the right type of tools with you before getting started. Below are the stems you should follow.
- Start by vacuuming the car seats so as to remove the dust and debris from the seats. When the seats get wet with the dust, it ends up forming mud. This should for sure make it hard on the users when it comes to removing it.
- Make sure that the vacuum has a crevice tool important for removing the dust and dirt in the tight spots.
- Proceed to spray the upholstery cleaner on the seat in a small portion first to test it out. You are not to saturate the fabric with the cleaner, but just enough to remove the dirt.
- Let the cleaner settle in the fabric for about 5 minutes so as to soak the dirt.
- With one of the towels moistened, rub it on the sprayed area to remove the soiling. You should keep working on that area until there are no more stains.
- With a soft bristled brush, you can now scrub the tough stains out of the fabric. You are not to scrub too hard that you end up damaging the fibers.
- Wipe the area with a dry towel to remove the upholstery cleaner from your car seat. Do the same for the other parts of the seat to clean the whole seat.
– Use a microfiber towel for easy absorbing of the wetness
– Use the upholstery cleaner in the right amount for cleaning the seats
How to clean cloth car seats with household products
The common household products could easily turn in handy when it comes to handling the cleaning of car seats. Some of the products we even use them for cooking or cleaning the house. Let us see how to clean cloth car seats with household products.
- Create your own homemade upholstery cleaner. Instead of spending so much money on expensive upholstery cleaners, you can mix 1 part of water with 1 part of dishwashing liquid and put it the solution in a spray bottle.
- Go on and spray the mixture onto the upholstery and let it settle in for a few minutes. Proceed to rub the mixture with a soft brush and then rinse the area with a clean rag. Just like that you should be done.
- Another way would be mixing soap, borax and hot water. You can take a natural cleaner or grated bar soap of amount 6 tablespoons and mix it with 2 tablespoons of borax in a bucket.Add hot water to this mixture to create a cleaning solution. You could add a few drops of lavender oil to create an fragrance.
- Using a soft bristled brush, clean the whole seat with this solution. Rinse the area with a clean rug before moving to the other seats.
– Make sure to use mild soap if you are going to use one for cleaning the fabric
– Rinse the cleaned area thoroughly so that it does not smell soap
The best way to clean leather car seats
The leather car seats are often hard for some people to maintain their look. You need to know the best way to clean leather car seats so as to keep them in their pristine condition at all times. Let us check out the steps involved in cleaning the leather car seats.
- Before you can start spraying water or cleaning liquid to the seats, check to see if there are any holes or cuts in the seats. You need to make sure that no water gets into the holes or it would end up destroying the foam in the seats.
- Proceed to get the right materials needed for the job. For you to end up with a clean seat, you need to find the best leather cleaner. You can always get the leather cleaners in an auto parts store close to you.
- Start by pre-cleaning the seats to remove the dirt that might have accumulated over time. When you get to pre-clean, then the additional cleaning would be faster even when using the leather cleaner.
- With a damp cloth, wipe down the leather seats and then proceed to use the leather cleaner. It is great that you do spot cleaning before applying the cleaner on the entire seat. Once the leather cleaner shows that it can clean properly, you can now proceed to use it for cleaning the whole seat.
- Wipe down the seats to remove the leather cleaner once you are done with through tough spots.
– Do not use the petroleum or silicone based products as they can make the leather look too shiny
– You need to stick to cleaning the seats at least once a month
– Clean the seats immediately if you get something spilled on them
Things you’ll need
– Leather cleaner
– Soft bristled brush
– Microfiber cloth
– Leather conditioner
– A bucket of water
When it comes to cleaning the car seats, as you can see several options are available. You need to keep in mind all the important steps needed so as to end up with clean seats. Clean them regularly and be sure that they will keep looking as if they are new.